Sublimation, also known as dye-sub, or dye sublimation printing, is a versatile, digital printing method that opens up a world of opportunities for garment creation and originality.
By definition, sublimation is the direct change of a body from a solid to a gaseous state. Dye-sublimation inks are aqueous. These are heated to about 200°C by microresistances distributed on the printhead. The inks thus pass instantly from a solid to a gaseous state and are then projected onto the media. On contact they cool down and revert to their solid state.
Sublimation is the process of transferring dye to a fabric using heat. The image is printed on special paper placed on the garment and heat is applied, allowing the ink to become part of the fabric. This will leave you with a more breathable, soft-hand feel to the fabric. The best part is that the numbers, letters and graphics do not wear off!
ADVANTAGES OF SUBLIMATION
- Unlimited colors with no added cost
- Produces vibrant colors, making it perfect for photographic images
- Ability to create complex all-over print designs on the front and back of your garment
- You can’t feel the print at all
- Sublimation print will not crack, peel, or fade
- Enhance your garment by adding a heat transfer such as, rhinestones, hot fix glitter or foil
Add your own text
YOUR AWESOME DESIGN
You can be as creative or as classic as you want! Sublimation allows us to create almost any design imaginable!
PRINTERS AND INKS
Your design is mirrored and printed onto special sublimation paper using the highest quality inks.
HEAT AND PRESSURE
The paper is then pressed onto the fabric using tremendous pressure and heat allowing the inks to permanently impregnate the fabric!